Tuesday, March 20, 2007

79 - Purple Hellebore Lenten Rose


Purple Hellebore Flower, originally uploaded by carolfoasia.

My Master Gardener did it again! She is at 100% correct!

Here is her cute reply:
Ah yes....I'm pretty sure it is a hellebore. A very pretty one I might add!!! Oh to be that lucky to have one that isn't the common whiteish/pink....If you've ever watched the documentary entitled, "Spellbound" You may recall that one of the children missed this and I leaned over to Paul at the theatre and said how to spell it - he was amazed:-)

(P.S. I couldn't get under it and get a close up so I flipped it up to take the picture. See below in order to see how it hangs)

2 comments:

Sandie said...

I have never seen this flower before that I have known of. It is really wonderful! The color is so rich!

LauraLiz said...

This is the first year I've noticed these, but they are all over the place here! I tried to get a shot by holding the camera below the flower and shooting without looking. I did get the flower, but also the crotch of a bystander. :-0