Tuesday, March 6, 2007

65 - The Virtue of Abstinence

Abstinence (self-control, opposes gluttony) —
Constant mindfulness of others and one's surroundings; practicing self-control, abstention, and moderation.

My boys and I thought this would be a hilarious "contrast" photo: kids being gluttons on ice cream! I took care of the kids of my friends who went to New York, and in the midst of all the running around with their appointments, I thought I lost my wallet until one of them had an idea of where to look. I found it! They all thought that maybe a REWARD was in order. So, I told them to keep quiet about it, and I would get them dessert BEFORE they ever had lunch. I told them not to tell their mom (I was planning on breaking the news to her in a fun way), but right as we were coming home (to actually eat lunch), she called, and they all yelled, "DAIRY QUEEN!" We all had a good laugh.

So, this is a funny contrast photo for this virtue, but I should also add that the person who took the picture DID decide to abstain from her absolute FAVORITE kind of food, but you can't see her in the picture. :)

4 comments:

Sandie said...

LOL! I have almost taken pictures of the boxes and boxes of Girl Scout cookies in the trash as an "anti-abstinence" shot :) Then I decided since I fast on Wednesday and Friday, I should hold out for the virtue vs the vise :) Cute picture. I am glad the boys are having fun.

Paula said...

Hmmm...and who would that person be? :)
Ice cream is always a good idea when taking care of children.

SUSAN said...

hahaha this is perfect Carol!

Susan

Unknown said...

I meant to say just how delicious this photo is - an ironic look at abstinence. Love it.