Monday, March 26, 2007

85 - Pain


Antique Closer Crop, originally uploaded by carolfoasia.

I realized I hadn't done a self-portrait all month. So, I thought I would communicate how I felt today. I have had a radiating pain going from the left side of my neck down my back below the shoulder blade off and on since last Monday. It seems to get better, and I go back to working out, and it flares it up again.

Today, I decided to spend all day resting it from any work. Tomorrow I will try to work it out with a deep tissue massage from Anna.

My dh thought this would be good in an antique color to intensify the feeling of pain. I also had to ask him if it was OK to post this because I didn't want it to be too racy. :)

10 comments:

Jess said...

It doesn't seem too racy to me, it communicates your intent very well. Before I read what your comments in made me pause.

my15minutes said...

Wow Carol. This is a great idea/execution for a self portrait. I love the antique light effect, and the focus on your shoulder pain. Also the angle's great.

Sandie said...

This is really beautiful. The angle and the lighting work to create a mood and express the pain.

RedGypsie said...

Carol what a fantastic shot!! I think this is your best photo yet. Love the light and the angle and the way it makes me ask questions. I wondered if it was about pain before I read the text, only my first thought was that you were doing self-exams and reflecting on those stricken with cancer so recently in your life. Great job!

SUSAN said...

Lovely. I hope the pain is gone soon!

Susan

Unknown said...

Really sensual without being slutty. I love it. Sorry you feel crummy though. I hope that pain goes soon.

Julie

Ampersand said...

Sorry for your pain. I know how much you enjoy working out -- sorry you have to miss that.

It is a wonderful photo...

Dancingirl said...

Sorry you're in pain, but this photo does a great job of communicating it. Beautiful job.

Anonymous said...

Great idea for a self-portrait. If the massage doesn't work, look up an accupunturist--unbelievable the value they have in mitigating pain! It has helped me incredibly.

Dalissa McEwen Reeder said...

Beautiful and subtle yet sensual like Julie said. I am sorry you are in so much pain but thankful you were able to visit your bil.