Wednesday, March 7, 2007

66 - The Virtue of Diligence


66 - The Virtue of Diligence, originally uploaded by carolfoasia.

Diligence (ethics, opposes sloth) —
A zealous and careful nature in one's actions and work. Decisive work ethic. Acting energetically without excessive reflection.

My oldest had always struggled in math, and the youngest in handwriting. I used to praise them when they had a "Diligence Day" in homeschool and worked really hard. They were always so happy to get that big "D" on the calendar to represent this sort of day. Now, they are older, and they are diligent in these areas without the big "D" on the calendar, but I hope I never forget to praise them! They have made such big strides because of their diligence in these hard school areas.

5 comments:

Dancingirl said...

Great shot for diligence. You are moving right along with the virtues!

Colleen said...

Carol, I hereby award you your own "D" for diligence in capturing pictures of these virtues. Good job!

Sandie said...

Both of these are great shots and they show diligence. I think it is funny that your boys are happy with D's! You have given a whole new meaning to that letter!!! Their handwriting is beautiful too.

Paula said...

D day? That's a great concept. I got straight A's except for handwriting in 2nd grade. I just couldn't get the slant right. Tell you son I sympathize.

SUSAN said...

ahhh, this is so sweet. Perfect photo for diligence!

Susan