Saturday, March 17, 2007

76 - Afterglow


Afterglow, originally uploaded by carolfoasia.

I am laughing hysterically as I type this post. My kids were just here, and they are asking, "What's afterglow?" When we laughed, our youngest said, "OK." He knew it was something we just didn't want to explain to him.

I was talking with my friend on the cell phone, sitting by the edge of the river with my camera in hand when I exclaimed, "Kim, I think these ducks are having sex!" (My husband is hoovering over me saying, "Carol, animals don't have sex! They copulate." Thank you Marlin Perkins, Jr!) I had just one hand, and I missed photographing the "deed," exclaiming to my friend on the phone that I didn't know they did this in the water! I did manage to get an action shot of their behavior following it. All they need is cigarettes. Can you give a title for what he is thinking? What she is thinking?

Sorry, I am in a very silly mood right now, and my husband is hoovering over me as I type this post making me laugh.

I had a hard time choosing the picture today! See the whole set of my morning, walking to Book Babes and leisurely return home at:

http://www.flickr.com/gp/52364318@N00/Rq2538

What would be a better one to post?

6 comments:

SUSAN said...

Let's see "Honey, I need a shower" for the lady and "zzzzzzzzz" for the guy. ;-)

I love your town! I think you picked the perfect photo but my second favorite is the steeple. :-)

Susan

Jess said...

Initally, I thought he looked cute but what she was doing was strange - now they're both just funny! Oh my ;)

Unknown said...

All I can say is.... Oo La La. :)

Dancingirl said...

LOL...too funny! I'd be laughing, too... in fact, I am!

Perfect title. They look like happy ducks! :o

Sandie said...

Great shot. They look like happy ducks! I like all the shots you took in town. It is a very pretty place.

Paula said...

LOL. She's obviously washing up and he looks very pleased with himself!