Wednesday, March 28, 2007

87 - Daffodils in Afternoon Light

I have been taking picture after picture of daffodils over the last twelve days, and I knew my days were numbered in capturing a picture of them as they are on their way out here. As I was going out the door with my family, I saw the sunlight streaming through our French doors and hitting these cut daffodils on my dining room table. My son and I both looked at each other and said, "How beautiful!" The family waited while I snapped a picture just in time as, a few moments later, the light (and moment) was gone. They are not daffodils "at their prime," but neither am I in the afternoon!

I love capturing these moments of beauty along life's way.

4 comments:

Sandy said...

I saw this picture earlier in your flickr photostream and wondered if it would be your photo of the day. So glad you captured the light when you did - it is beautiful coming through the flowers. Seizing the moment and stopping to take in beauty are both things 365 has made me improve in.

SUSAN said...

I love the afternoon light. I think they are in their prime. hehe

So cool that your son is developing the photo eye too!

Susan

carrie said...

The light really is fabulous in this photo. It made me look more closely at the fluted edges in teh center of the flowers. Very nice!

Katrina said...

very pretty!