Thursday, March 1, 2007

60 - The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants

And These Pants are Traveling to New York City!

This is my "twin sister" Mary Beth. Today she came by to borrow my red coat because she is going to New York City tomorrow with her husband of 20 years who has Melanoma and will be starting treatment in 10 days.

After she tried on the coat, I asked her if she wanted to try on my jeans because she was admiring them last week at The Hobbit play (see below). They fit her perfectly, and I just had to take a picture to remember this wild and adventurous day. I am one of the few friends who CAN lend her my jeans since we are both very tall! We have done a whole lot of swapping of clothes in our 21 years of friendship, but that's what friends are for.

Friends are also for getting together a trip to New York City that was only a dream yesterday. A bunch of us pulled together, and they will be staying at the Hilton on Time Square and going to four Broadway plays.

What is so thrilling about today was that, in just eight hours, God provided free plane tickets and a free hotel room and more than enough cash for making it the vacation of a lifetime! Time may be short for our dear friend, Bruce, and we friends wanted to help them to "Seize the Day."

It was an amazing adventure today, and while the picture is not very artistic, it certainly tells a story of what friends (and sisters) are for.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wonderful memory to capture and I do so hope they have that "trip of a lifetime."

Sandie said...

What a great moment to capture. It is aheart warming story too!

SUSAN said...

I just got the "Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants" movie from netflix. I am happy for your friend that she has a friend like you!

Susan