Saturday, May 26, 2007

146 - In Memoriam


DSC_0016, originally uploaded by carolfoasia.

My dh makes it his tradition to put flowers from our yard on the graves of each of his grandparents every Memorial Day Weekend.

So, the alstroemeria (from yesterday's picture) the peony (Day 136), and iris (Day 135) were included in this beautiful bouquet. I think it is neat that he included those from our yard that I had already documented with a photo without even knowing he did that.

I guess I could include this as a "Reason Why I Married Him" as maybe #11: he does these really thoughtful and beautiful things for others.

2 comments:

Sandie said...

That is really touching. The flowers and the shot are very pretty.

Susanne Barrett said...

We'll be doing the same on Tuesday, after the crowds. My grandfather's birthday is Wednesday, so we'll split the difference between Memorial Day and his birthday. All our family for four generations are buired in the same cemetery, and the 365 blog is an excellent excuse to document the graves....