Tuesday, May 22, 2007

142 - Psycho Granny


142 - Psycho Granny, originally uploaded by carolfoasia.

I first met Grandma Jones two years ago when I turned to page 228 of the 6th grade Bob Jones Math book and found her smiling at me with that demon-like smile. Isn't it just strange? I just couldn't stop laughing. This is a great example of "bad art" in textbooks, don't you think?

When my youngest came to page 228 of this infamous book, we just started all the Grandma Jones jokes all over again. Would you trust her candy with a smile like that? (click on the picture and then click on all sizes, and you can see a close up of that smile if you have a hard time seeing it now.)

So, it was a no brainer how Paul wanted to document his 6th grade year because she has brought us so much laughter.

Grandma Jones is being sold in a used book sale in June. Hopefully, a new family will be blessed with much laughter as a result of seeing her picture in this book.

7 comments:

Susanne Barrett said...

Hilarious! :)

Dancingirl said...

You're funny! Congrats on finishing the year.

Paula said...

I've loved catching up on your pictures.
The grandmother does remind me a bit of the big bad wolf!

Ampersand said...

um, yeah, she's scary....

(where did your picture/header go?)

Unknown said...

That is absurd!

Dalissa McEwen Reeder said...

"Come in, come in my precious! A little candy won't hurt you," she said as she prewarmed the oven for her own personal feast to take place later that day.

SUSAN said...

Grandma Jones has such pretty blue eyes. ;-)

Susan