Tuesday, May 8, 2007

128 - The Road Ahead


DSC_0005, originally uploaded by carolfoasia.

The road ahead is bright and beautiful. This is the trail I took to the top of Chip Ross Park this morning with my friend, Michelle.

I am looking ahead to my future, and it is a beautiful road. I walked beside a person today who is taking up the mantle of the leadership class that I started at my old church. My old partner is out, and this person is my friend whom I can walk beside in this journey even though we now go to different churches.

I do mourn the loss for what might have been in she and I working on a team together, but we can still walk beside each other and encourage each other. My counselor said in her last email:


"You haven’t 'lost' anything, in fact you have multiplied yourself and
your gifts by moving on. Our job is just to put our little 5 loaves and 2
fish into Jesus’ hands, His job is to multiply it to whomever He sees fit.
You will probably not know until eternity just how much He has used even that
short but significant effort that you invested. But it is nothing until He
puts His hands on it anyway. Nothing is ever 'lost' with
Him.

Keep on—with joy."


I think this is definitely the perspective I need to have. God has meant it all for good, and I know I am in a better place.

It is UPWARD and ONWARD in the journey, and the journey is as beautiful as this one you see above. The view is also beautiful when we reach the end of our journey. I know that "All things do work together for good."

The View from the Top of Chip Ross Park

.

4 comments:

Jess said...

Such encouraging words from your counselor - I want to take them to heart too. The pictures are a lovely compliment to where you are.

Susanne Barrett said...

Gorgeous path -- on both counts. :)

SUSAN said...

Can I walk down that path with you? Beautiful!

Susan

Carol Ann Weaver said...

Sure Susan! You come right along!