Sunday, May 20, 2007

140 - Hidden Gem


140 - Hidden Gems, originally uploaded by carolfoasia.

My husband told me that there were photos on the Powershot that hadn't been downloaded. I had forgotten that I took this with the Canon Powershot at our music teacher's house the day our D-80 lens came back. I was so eager to post one from the D-80 that I missed this hidden gem. This is not technically a photo I took today, but it would have been had I downloaded it the day I took it. So, I think it counts.

This photo is in honor of my cousin who was a "hidden gem." He had such a sweet and gentle nature when we were growing up with never an unkind word for me. I have been wanting to call him, it is now too late. Rest in Peace my Sweet Cousin Robert.

5 comments:

MaryD said...

The photo of the flower is lovely, somehow the reminder of not waiting to call someone you love ties in well with waiting to download the picture...

Claire said...

flower petals have the most remarkable surfaces! I love the way they hold a water droplet - and the way you have framed this one - the sentiment is touching , and a reminder to me...

Unknown said...

Stunning, as always. :)

Susanne Barrett said...

Gorgeous. And a good reminder, too.

SUSAN said...

Yellow is my color this season....love the golden yellow of these and the fact that it was a surprise. :-)

Susan