Tuesday, January 9, 2007

Scrapbook Finished!





This is me putting together the last five pages of my mom's book. I took a break and got my hair cut. So, I made sure my son included my new hair do.

Funny story: I came to the picture of my mom walking in the "swimsuit" competition representing "Miss Tall Chicago" in the national pageant. I wanted to know the date, and I thought that I would call my mom knowing that she probably wouldn't remember.


Me: Mom, do you remember when you were Miss Tall Chicago?


Mom: Call Chicago. No, you called me, and I have your message on my machine.


Me: No mom. TALL not CALL. Maybe you should turn down the volume on your TV. (As she is turning down the volume, I notice my kids are laughing on the couch, and I start laughing too.)


Mom: Now, what is this about me calling Chicago?


Me: No mom, you know you were Miss Tall Chicago back in the late forties or fifties. You know the Tall Girl Club you were part of.


Mom: No, Carol, I was never a CALL GIRL. Where did you get the idea I was a CALL GIRL? Why would I do a thing like that?


Me: (My kids are now uncontrollably laughing, and I am trying my hardest not to laugh.) Oh, never mind. I'll see you tomorrow, mom.


Mom: Ok, I love you.

Me: I love you too. :)

6 comments:

SUSAN said...

What a sweet conversation...made me smile!

I love seeing you at your scrapbook table.

Susan

Unknown said...

Before I read you had your haircut, I thought, "GREAT hair!"

Unknown said...

Love the hair cut! Very cute!!

Funny story.

RedGypsie said...

psst...Andrew is my son, who changed my google sign in and I didn't become aware of it until today on the forum! :D

Carol Ann Weaver said...

Hey Andrew, welcome to my blog and thank you for the affirmation about the hair!

Sandy said...

Congrats on finishing the scrapbook. I know it will be a treasured gift. I enjoy making scrapbooks for family too but after a while having to choose between all the pics gets to me. I just want to finish!

Your hair looks great!