Thursday, January 25, 2007

January Self-Portrait




I needed to learn how to do the self-timer, and I also have to send a picture to a friend who wants me to write a blurb promoting her seminars. So, I am killing two birds with one stone.



It was a funny day. I broke down in tears at Bible study. Pretty difficult when you are the one leading it, but at least they know that I am real. Very sweet responses. I am just in the right place where I have the freedom to cry when I need to. That is a good feeling even though now I feel a bit silly for doing it.



So, this is me after an emotional day. I decided to do no retouches with make up for the camera or even brush my hair. This is me after a good cry! I am unwinding on the couch and debriefing with my husband. What you don't see is the baked brie cheese in a sourdough round loaf and a steamer from my favorite hot beverage drive-thru. It is so great to decompress this way.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

You look gorgeous. Great colors on you. I don't see any tear stains.

Sandie said...

The colors are vibrant, and you look really good!

SUSAN said...

I wish I looked that good after crying. :-) Seriously, you are a cutie!!

Susan

Dancingirl said...

Susan said what I came to say... I wish I looked that good after crying! You look great!

Sandy said...

You look marvelous my dear. Those colors look good on you.

I learned how to use my self-timer yesterday but my self-portraits didn't look near as lovely as yours. I'll try again!

Colleen said...

I love this photo, Carol! You look so natural, so approachable. Makes me want to be right there with you, enjoying some brie and beverage. : )

Dalissa 365 said...

Wow, you're a hottie in this photo! I can't tell at all that you've been crying. Are you sure you are not aging backwards?

Sorry about the emotional day. I almost cried in my Bible study on Wed. and I was talking about something that happened last year that I am past. Hmmph! Oh well.

Carol Ann Weaver said...

Well, you all can do a LOT to boost a person's self-confidence! Thanks for your positive feedback after a sort of weird and emotional day that kind of came out of nowhere but is no doubt from the fact that I still feel lousy! Thanks so much for brightening my day with your positive encouragement!

MaryD said...

Hi Carol, it's a great pic even though it follows a good cry. That brie in sourdough sounds wonderful!

Katrina said...

What a great picture of you, Carol! Makes me want to sit down and chat. :)