Monday, January 8, 2007

Pampering



I was so engrossed in my scrapbooks, and I almost canceled this appointment because I needed to finish, but I am so glad that I didn't. I hadn't seen B since October!

I met her in May when God told me to go get a manicure, and I said, "Say what?" I said, "Do you want me to go and share with someone?" He said, "YEP." So, I went to get pampered for Jesus. (LOL!)

That day, she told me about her family situation, and I told her I would pray for her. Her face lit up and she said, "Do you know the Bible? I am reading and am in the book of Job. Are you one of those people who believes you have have to believe in God to go to heaven?" This first discussion led to many more over the course of the summer until she told me in the fall that she had made a commitment to Christ.

Well, today she told me that she finished the whole Bible, and that she had some questions. It was a great time, and she told me that she was getting baptized!

I told her I would be posting about her, and she said that would be just fine! She thinks this Project365 is a super thing!

8 comments:

Katrina said...

Love it!!

Sandie said...

A new bumper sticker "Pampered for Jesus" :)

I love the story and I am always amazed that when I make time to do what is really on my heart, it is for a good reason!

Nikki said...

That is awesome Carol! It's great to put a face with a name - she is lovely.

Dancingirl said...

How fun! iI was looking forward to seeing this after you posted about it!

Jess said...

I just love this story - love it! It's so encouraging and pleasing to hear how God works, and I always love that He works in "weird" ways - it seems He has a sense of humor, but always with that love.

Paula said...

Incredibly wonderful!

Dalissa 365 said...

I love that she gave you permission to photograph her and share it with us! Wonderful!

rosepua said...

Carol, I so love people pics! Great story, too. It's been wonderful getting to view your photos; great taker, and camera. ;) MA