Monday, April 30, 2007

119 - East Coast Sunday Sunrise


119 - East Coast Sunrise, originally uploaded by carolfoasia.

Sunday, April 29, 2007

I have never seen the sunrise on the ocean, only sunsets! So, this was a first for me. After the sun rose, Claire sang a hymn for me. Then, we sang "All Creatures of Our God and King"

All Creatures of our God and King
Lift up your voice and with us sing
Alleluia, Alleluia
Thou burning sun with golden beam,
Thou silver moon with softer gleam!

O praise Him! O praise Him!

10 comments:

my15minutes said...

it's hard not to have a good sunrise picture, but this one is particularly nice. Love all the activity amidst the stillness.

Sandie said...

WOW! This sunrise shot is great. The color, the birds, and the waves all work to make it extra special.

Unknown said...

Your framing makes the shot. Gorgeous!! I find sunrises over the ocean so surprising. I can't get used to it. I prefer sunsets over the water, but this one rivals those.

Anonymous said...

Breathtaking!

MaryD said...

This is a gorgeous picture Carol. It's not easy to capture the birds in the right place, but you did it!

Dancingirl said...

This is even more gorgeous than it looked in your camera! Beautiful!

carrie said...

Wow! What a gorgeous photo! I love the birds and the shapes of the waves. All that motion frozen in time. Beauthiful!

Susanne Barrett said...

Love the photo -- I was never up early enough to take one. :)

Susanne Barrett said...

BTW, Keith said this was his favorite of the retreat photos. :)

Carol Ann Weaver said...

Tell Keith thanks for the compliment! That is so great coming from him. :)