Saturday, April 14, 2007

104 - Sunlight on Cronemiller Lake


HPIM1626, originally uploaded by carolfoasia.

The family went for a walk up at Peavy Arboretum in McDonald Forest today (about ten minutes away from our house). I caught this glimmer on the lake. I love how the calm part of the lake breaks the stream of light. We walk up here pretty regularly. It is an easy forest walk. We saw more trillium blooming in addition to other forest wildflowers. We even saw newts mating!

This is TWO newts, BTW. :) I am keeping with the "animals mating in water" theme from last month when I shot the ducks. :)

4 comments:

Susanne Barrett said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous photo, Carol! Love that lake -- only ten minutes from your house? What a treasure!

Sandie said...

I really like the reflection portrait. You know, I don't think I have ever seen a Newt before. I have only heard about them in witches brews :)

MaryD said...

THis is a beautiful picture, Carol! Hey I'm not on your list of 365 links anymore?

Katrina said...

I love reflection pictures!