Wednesday, June 20, 2007

171 - Shadow Self on a Bike


171 - Shadow Self on a Bike, originally uploaded by carolfoasia.

I had such a great day! The slower pace of summer has finally arrived. I rode my bike to run errands today (buy a new appointment book, mail a package, bring back library books) and ended up down by the river doing Bible study, eating Great Harvest bread, and watching the kids play in the fountains at the Riverfront Park. Oh, how I wished I had brought my camera to take shots of them but it was nice to have a lighter load in my backpack!

After this, I went to Amatsu Japanese Restaurant for Yakisoba and deep conversation with one of my new friends, Vicki (Our Women's Ministry Director). After that, I finished up my Bible study at Sunnyside Up Cafe (home of my book club shots) sipping Chai Tea Latte and watching the world go by in this hippy hangout downtown. Then, it was home on my bike in beautiful 76 degree weather. Oh, how I love my town!

So, here is my shadow on my bike that I took when I got home to remind myself of a perfect day (with the exception of leaving the camera at home).

1 comment:

clever[art] said...

I think this shot sums it up well. I really like it.

I had a great day too. Uncommon weather in the city right now and I love it.