Friday, June 1, 2007

152 - Sorority Sisters at Sam's

I had a delightful three hour lunch with two of my sorority sisters from college, Leanne and Jean. We all met at Alpha Delta Pi Sorority in the late 70's and have been friends every since. The conversation is always lively and real; talking about topics from frustrating family dynamics to discerning evil in people. I always treasure these times, and today was no exception. We also get together with our spouses a couple of times a year and, amazingly, the husbands all really like each other too! This is really good because we usually get so engrossed in conversation, they are on their own! They are great women of God that I really enjoy.

(By the way: Jean is the wife of the pastel artist whom I have told many of you about. See one of Jim's portraits of Jean here. She is his main muse. They are also the people who had the Curly's Dairy Truck run into their kitchen. If you have never heard this story, you really need to read it here. It will be an inspiration for you.)

3 comments:

Sandie said...

Fun mix of shots! I really like the layout and story aspect of them.

Susanne Barrett said...

Nice photos -- and her husband's work is AWESOME. I sent the link to Keith....

SUSAN said...

So cool that y'all are still friends and live in the same town too! At least, I think you live in the same town. :-)

Susan