Wednesday, June 6, 2007

157 - The Blessings in the Mundane

Outside the flowers were blooming and spring beckoned me for shots,
But inside I stayed cleaning with my men, no longer tots

Inside the books were scattered in a mess upon the floor
But in labor there were blessings as our memories did soar

Of the time we read Dr. Seuss on a Taiwan airport delay
Of reading Cars and Trucks and Things that Go a hundred times a day!

So here is a mundane picture: a family room turned neat
And a memory of a blessed time with men that are so sweet!

5 comments:

SUSAN said...

That's one organized room. Your men look like they are resting, after a hard day of cleaning. I like the poem. :-)

Susan

Dancingirl said...

Very sweet photo and poem... and the thought they are express! And they have quite the Bionicle collection!

Dalissa McEwen Reeder said...

Wow, I am impressed with the organization! The wistfulness of the poem is nice, too.|!

Carol Ann Weaver said...

Thanks for the encouragement on my silly poem, ladies!

It was such a sweet day for me, and I tried to express that in the poem. It was so nice to see them work so hard and even enjoy it!

Katrina said...

I like your poem, and the room looks great! (wanna come to my house? :D )