Thursday, August 30, 2007

242 - Black Out


242 - Black Out, originally uploaded by carolfoasia.

It was all a blur. One minute I was coming up from bending over during my 10:30 a.m. Pilates class, and the next minute there was a big thud on the floor, and that thud was ME!

How embarassing! I had forgotten to eat breakfast before. :(

(Obvious, this picture is an abstraction of what happened, but I remember seeing my pink shirt and blue shorts, and that is what is reflected in this picture. Trying to be artsy. :))

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Great photo but I hope you're okay! I hate fainting. You feel so vulnerable when you wake up. Was it only hunger that sent you over? Hope you're better now.

Carol Ann Weaver said...

We have figured out that it was probably a combination of not eating but also being anemic. I am usually pretty vigilant about getting enough iron in my diet because I can slip into anemia quickly. We realized that I only had two servings of BEEF the whole eleven days of the trip, and I forgot my iron pills! So, this was the culprit too. Anemia = Low blood pressure for me. :)

Felt quesy all day!

Unknown said...

Beef! You know what's weird? I feel so much better when I eat beef. I thought it was just the flavor, but now I'm wondering if the iron is the key. I needed so much iron during pregnancy. Ran really anemic without it.

Hmmm. Very interesting~! Glad you figured out what was wrong.

Susanne Barrett said...

Ugh... I've BTDT too many times with my hypoglycemia. Sorry you had to go through that, but I'm glad that you're doing okay and know the cause.