Monday, August 20, 2007

231 - Fallbrook Presbyterian


231 - Fallbrook Presbyterian, originally uploaded by carolfoasia.
Sunday, August 19, 2007

This was my parents' church starting in 1977 when they moved to Fallbrook, CA until my mom moved to a new home and started attending a church in her new city in 2001. They walked with us through my dad's cancer, conducted his memorial service in 1985, picked my mom up in her depression following my dad, grandfather, and grandmother's deaths (all of which she was caregiver), and sent us out to Southeast Asia in 1997.

It is a vibrant and wonderful church. The pastor encouraged us all to go see Shakepeare's Hamlet in the midst of his sermon. I LOVE this pastor's love for beauty (had a slide show to music with photographs of sea creatures from the book "The Deep") and literature and how he glorifies God in the midst of it! Awesome day of worship with this home away from home!

In addition, I got to see the widow of my dad's best friend. She is still leading Bible studies and feeding the homeless at 85! She is one of the FEW of my parents' friends who is still alive, and I invited her to come and lunch with my mom at assisted-living on Monday.

Having a wonderful time wish you were here!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I so know where Fallbrook is! How bizarre to be this far away and feel so close through your blog. Have a great CA visit. (Terrific light in those windows)

Carol Ann Weaver said...

Really? Have you been there? This is where my parents moved when I graduated in 1977. Do you know someone from here? You know, George P. from F-Troop married a girl from Fallbrook Pres!