Thursday, August 23, 2007

234 - Brother Bill


DSC_0001a, originally uploaded by carolfoasia.
Wednesday, August 22, 2007

This is my oldest brother (fourteen years my senior). We have not been able to connect when I have traveled to San Diego the last few times, but this time we did! He lives only six blocks away from Balboa Park! While my kids and George went to the Science Center, I walked to the other side of Balboa and had a good chat with him under the San Diego sun.

Bill played for the US National Volleyball team and for the pro teams in Arizona and San Diego. He even played with Tom Selleck!! He started out playing beach volleyball back in the 60's and many of those friends went on to play on the National Team.

More recently, he was hit by a bus, and he cannot walk without crutches. It has been a hard couple of years for Bill, but he is moving forward.

Believe it or not, he pulled out HIS camera to take a picture of me before I did!!!!!! He told me that he likes to take pictures regularly because they tell a story. I enthusiastically told him about telling the story of my year with Project365! So fun to have that connection.

A lovely time sitting on the grass with my brother. After this, I went to the zoo with Susanne and her four lovely children (see below).

Another great day!

No comments: