Monday, February 26, 2007

57 - Light Along the Way


57 - Light Along the Way, originally uploaded by carolfoasia.

"In the heavens He has set a tent for the sun, which comes out like a bride groom from his wedding canopy, and like a strong man runs his course with joy." Psalm 19:4-5

To think I didn't want to take the drive to Eugene today to try on the bridesmaid dress because the weather looked like it was going to be bad. It was quite the contrary. It was a gorgeous gift from God. I gasped as I beheld this, and Michael cried out, "Photo op! Photo op!" My dear family was subject to very cold temperatures as I kept the window rolled down and snapped away while the car raced by at 55 MPH, but they are getting used to mom doing things like this.

The next Bible verse I read was the one above, and I thought it was so appropriate.

8 comments:

MaryD said...

gorgeous pic, and the verse is so fitting. funny that it's about a bridegroom while you are on the way to fit a bridesmaid dress... the analogies are rich!

Colleen said...

This looks so awesome, Carol! Sort of surreal ~ more like a painting than a photograph. Love how you paired it with that verse, too.

RedGypsie said...

Spring is coming! Spring is coming!!! YIPEEEEEE!!!! That's what this light looks like to me; so different than the light of winter.

Carol Ann Weaver said...

Yes, Mary! I forgot to say that this was the great thing about the connection with that verse too. I went and tried on the dress (it only took a few minutes, fit perfectly, and they even had it in extra long!) and went to Barnes and Noble to read my book, and this verse was right there in the chapter. I laughed. I love God's syncronicity (I think I spelled that right).

Dalissa 365 said...

Sweet perfection... the verse and photo. I even like the repetition of the buildings leading the eye into the photo despite the fact that they aren't truly a part of nature.

And, what a blessing that the dress fit perfectly and was in extra long.

Sandy said...

Absolutely beautiful picture, Carol. The sunlight, clouds and reflection are just breathtaking.

Dancingirl said...

Beautiful photo and verse. And I enjoyed your comments about taking pictures from the car. My family is getting used to it too and they're now offering suggestions for good shots!

Katrina said...

Wow! This is such a beautiful picture! Love the verse. :)