Friday, July 27, 2007

208 - Birthday #48 is Great!


DSC_0093, originally uploaded by carolfoasia.


This is a picture of my birthday lunch with my dear friends, Kim and Lisa. We ate Indian cuisine buffet with Chicken Makhani (Indian Butter Chicken), Nan, Deep Fried Cauliflower, Mango Lasse Fruit, Aloo (Potato) Gobi (Cauliflower) of Bend it Like Beckam movie fame!

What a day:
5:45 - 8:00: Workout



8:00 - 9:10: Talk with Lisa at club and take her home



9:10 - 9:30: Shower and rush to make it Nourieh's house for study. See here.



9:30 - 11:00: Finish up studying the book of Mark



11:00 - 12:00: Neighbors show up at Nourieh's door for a surprise party for ME!



12:00 - 2:00: Indian Lunch


2:00 - 3:00: Go to my other friend's shop and Lisa talks me into trying on this CUTE outfit! I fall in love with it before I see the price. OUCH! A bystander in the store says: BUY THAT OUTFIT! Oh well, it is my birthday. What can I say? I bought the outfit. :)


3:00 Lisa gets her kids at my house, and I am late for Bible study at Sherry's!



3:30 - 5:30: Foundations for Faith Bible study with Sherry and her mom. (Sherry is the one in the picture here)



5:30 - 6:30: George and I pick up the Macintosh Computer that we will be baby-sitting for one year while my friends and their two kids travel around the world for a year doing short-term missions. We had just been praying for a Mac to aid my son's budding graphic design skills. My friend is a graphic designer, and she has all the software we need! YIPPEE!



6:30 - 7:00: Decide to not have the birthday steak dinner and have light snacks and head off to . . .
7:00 - 9:30: "Jammin with Jo's" in the park. My friend, who owns Jamocha Jo's, is the lead singer for a little band.


The lead guitarist is the dad going on the world trip.



They sing me a cool birthday song! The crowd goes WILD! (Well, not really)




9:30 - now: Load these pictures while my kids and dh set up new Mac and start playing on it!

WHAT A GREAT 48!


5 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! How awesome!! I don't think I knew that you and Liam have the same birthday! July 27 is also my dad's birthday. Now I know three people that I love born on the same day.

Unknown said...

Carol, btw, while I have you here. Go see Hairspray!! I am convinced (more than anyone I know) that you will love it!! It just made me smile and smile and smile. I kept thinking: Carol will LOVE this movie.

Carol Ann Weaver said...

Oh, I did see Hairspray, and you are RIGHT ON! I loved it! Such a fun movie. I went and saw it on my aniversary on the 21st. Perfect in every way IMHO!

SUSAN said...

HAPPY belated BIRTHDAY! I am glad you were able to celebrate with so many friends. How do you work out for 2 hours and 15 minutes!? What do you do for that long. I'm amazed.

Susan

Carol Ann Weaver said...

Oh, please don't be TOO amazed Susan! The first hour is Group Power, it is weight lifting to music where you have a break in between songs to put your weight up or down on the bar. Then, I have a fifteen minute break and go and do just one hour of cardio. That is the only tiring part. :)