Wednesday, November 28, 2007

332 - Mount Shasta from I-5


332 - Mount Shasta from I-5, originally uploaded by carolfoasia.

George thought this one told a story. I wish I could say I purposely got the Interstate 5 sign in the picture, but it just happened to fly by while I was snapping!

Northern California is spectacularly beautiful, and Mount Shasta was particularly breathtaking this morning!

BTW, I am home! My mother is still alive but has stabilized for the time being. It was time for me to be at home with my family for a while before I go back in the near future for her homegoing. I know I made the best decision for my family and for my own mental health.

9 comments:

Colleen said...

As an I-5 corridor gal, I love the accidental inclusion of the sign. I agree with George: It does tell a story! And I agree with you, Carol. Heading home for the time being does seem best. You are an a wonderful mother, wife, and daughter. Hugs to you!

Susanne Barrett said...

Glad you're home, safe and sound. I love the I-5 sign, too, being on the southern end of it. ;)

my15minutes said...

Great accidental capture! My son climbed Mt. Shasta a year ago...I've never been there, but if you google it, it takes up a lot of space in California!
I'm glad your mom has stabilized. I know it's been hard on you being away from your family, but I'm sure you cherish those times alone with her. Your pictures there have shown a particular tenderness. Blessings to you, and to her.

Sandy said...

I agree with George! Not only does the sign tell a story but the colors blend in so well too. ;-)

Beautiful shot - so clear.

Carol Ann Weaver said...

Thanks so much to all of you for your support and prayers. I really appreciate it!

Carol Ann Weaver said...

15minutes: It is so interesting that your son climbed it because I was just asking Geo as we drove by if anyone ever climbs Mt. Shasta, and he hadn't heard of many people doing it and wondered because it was so rocky. So, people DO climb it. That is good to know.

Unknown said...

Ha! I just dragged Jon in here to see this shot as he grew up practically in Mt. Shasta's shadow. That I5 sign in the shot makes it! Fabulous!! I want your camera.

Glad you are safely home and your mom is stabilized.

Dancingirl said...

Beautiful! And how cool that you got the sign! Mt. Shasta is gorgeous. I've been by in real life. Long ago we visited friends who lived in a valley near there.

Glad you're home! The photos of your time with your mom have shown your love for her. I know you'll be glad you took the month to spend time with her. Still praying here.

Sandie said...

It looks like a still from a movie! Great shot.