Thursday, November 22, 2007

323 - Good-Bye Old Friend


323 - Good-Bye Old Friend, originally uploaded by carolfoasia.

Monday, November 19, 2007

Liz came to visit my mom today. She talked of fishing and boating and water-skiing and all the fun times they had together. Liz is 86 years old and still driving, leading Bible study, and feeding the homeless in Oceanside. She is the only one of my parents' old friends left of the group of friends who moved to Fallbrook after their retirement from Rockwell International in the late 70's. It was a sweet time that concluded in a heart-warming prayer for my mom's elevation to her heavenly home.

One of my favorite things about my growing up years were my parents' great friends! Thanks Liz.

4 comments:

LauraLiz said...

What a wonderful photo, Carol. You captured everything. It says it all.

SUSAN said...

This is a gorgeous photo, Carol. You can feel the love.

Susan

MaryD said...

precious and heart-rending.

Susanne Barrett said...

Stunning photo, Carol. Stunning.