Saturday, February 28, 2009

Pain and Eugene O'Neill

Pain and Eugene O'Neill

I must have wrenched my back during the sit-ups in Group Power on Wednesday night. Not knowing it, I had two elliptical workouts and a walk between then and Friday night when the spasms came! Saturday morning brought unbearable pain. So, I took Naproxen, sat in my ergonomic computer chair, and read this book all day (getting up frequently and stretching).

It was interesting to go through physical pain as I read about the emotional pain of this autobiographical, Pulitzer Prize winning drama by Eugene O'Neill. That man went through such pain growing up. No wonder he was such a tortured adult! His genius shines through in this drama from the era of Realism. It is nothing short of brilliant and SAD. I'm glad I have HOPE.

No comments: