Saturday, August 23, 2008

Bill Wardrop's Celebration of Life


Bill Wardrop, originally uploaded by carolfoasia.

August 23, 2008

Bill Wardrop (Charles William Wardrop III)
April 18, 1945 - July 7, 2008

God totally provided this Volleball Magazine cover. After one of my brother's friends looked through ALL of his Volleyball Magazines, I prayed one night for a miracle, and the next morning, I found a Volleyball Memorabilia site, and I got this emailed to me within three hours! It was displayed at the entrance to his memorial.

3 comments:

Sandie said...

Wow, I hadn't realized you lost your brother. I am so sorry. It has been a very hard year for you too. ((((hugs)))

Carol Ann Weaver said...

YEP. It has been a high stress year with two deaths in my family and George being let go at HP! I think it is all catching up with me this month. I am POOPED!

Anonymous said...

Good Day...My name is Paul Safady, and I was a good friend of Bill, when we we're all young and living for the volleyball / surfing lifestyle, in the 60's and 70's. I lived at his Man.Bch Strand house for a spell, with mutual friend, Dodge Parker. Bill and I 'shared', a girlfriend, Rose Duncan, during that period. Actually, she was my girlfriend b-4 the National Championships in Hawaii, and his girlfriend, thereafter.
Bill was the coolest guy around. His friends all emulated his personality, and laid back style. Coupled with his love for the ocean and great v-ball skills, he was the 1 friend I really looked up to. I remember his laugh. I always wanted to be a closer friend, but he seemed to be somewhat of a loner.
I did not know his wife or anything about his life, after I moved to Southern oregon in the mid 70s.
He was always one of my heros, and I was suprised and saddened to hear of his early passing, and the causes, as in the old days, we did nothing more serious than a little pot.